|Major Carriers||Maxis, Celcom, Digi, U Mobile|
|Message length||160 characters|
|Support for Concatenated message||Supported|
|Sender ID Supported||Yes|
|Setup Time||< 5 Business Days|
|Support for Two Way SMS||Yes (Short Code)|
Malaysia telco regulator (MCMC) has mandated that SMS blocking containing a URL and telephone number be implemented. This is effective on 5 June 2023.
The client must whitelist the URL and Telephone Number for the message to be delivered.
A penalty will be imposed if there are any fraud/ complaints from MCMC. Due to Malaysian network regulations, the string "RM0.00" is added at the beginning of the message text to indicate to the end user that the message is free of charge to receive.
The length of a single SMS is 153 characters.
The following types of messaging on all SMS messaging products are prohibited:
Brand / Business Name
- Brand/business name to be included in the content of each SMS message sent.
- Messages without brand/ business name may be deemed as a message sent from an international brand and billed at international rates or additional penalties may be charged for SMS sent.
Cost of SMS - "RM 0.00" in the message body
- Recommended to add RM 0.00 (with a spacing after the last 0) to message body to inform end-users that there was no charge in receiving the SMS.
- RM 0.00 (with a spacing after the last 0) may be added to the message body by the telco operators if it is excluded
The following types of messaging on all SMS messaging products are all prohibited: phishing, smishing, spam, political, gambling, and adult content.
The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has also announced restrictions on the content of SMS messages. It has been mandated that Malaysian Telecommunication Service Providers are to block all messages containing any of the following:
- Requests for user personal information (e.g. name, identification number, card number, bank account number, etc.)
- Mobile or fixed line numbers that users can dial in