What is Two-factor authentication(2fA)?
- Basically, this is the most popular and secure way for protecting your online account from would be fraudsters. There are three popular methods namely, email, SMS and authenticator apps.
Methods used for Wavecell’s customer portal
- Authentication apps: You can use any popular authentication apps such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPAss Authenticator, FreeOTP & andOTP(Android only).
- SMS: This is powered by our very own Mobile Verification APIs, it basically just send authentication code via SMS. Please note, this method might not be available to all countries. (List of countries with SMS based 2FA)
Activating 2FA using authenticator apps
- Assuming you’re already logged-in inside the customer portal, just click the avatar on the top right corner and select “Profile Settings”.
- Inside “Profile settings”, select “Security” tab.
- Select Authenticator App by clicking “Enable” button to setup 2FA.
- Once inside, just scan the QR code with any of the recommended apps (Google, MS or LastPass authenticator).
- Now enter the code generated from your authenticator app(We recommend Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator or LastPass Authenticator) on the input field provided and click “Verify”.
- Authenticator apps are time-based, simply wait for another generated code and repeat step 5, until it verifies your code.
- Once verified, logout and try logging-in again. It should prompt you to enter the code from your authenticator app.
Activating 2FA using SMS (OTP)
- Assuming you’re already logged-in inside the customer portal, just click the avatar on the top right corner and select “Settings”.
- Inside “Settings”, select “Two-factor” tab.
- Select SMS Verification by clicking “Enable” button to setup your SMS based authentication.
- Once inside, just enter your mobile number in international format (a dropdown country selector is provided for your convenience) and click “Send code”
- You’ll get redirected to the next page to enter the code that was sent via SMS.
- You have an option to change your mobile number by clicking “Change number” or resend the code again by clicking “Resend code”.
- Once you enter the code on the field provided, click “Verify”
- Once verified, logout and try logging-in again. It should prompt you to enter a code which you will receive via SMS on the mobile number you registered.
- You’ll only be able to request another code after two minutes, if the current one doesn’t work.
You can setup both authentication methods. You’ll have an option to select which method you want to use whenever you login. You can also bypass the authentication by enabling “Remember me for the next 7 days”
Note: For some cases where you lost your phone, please contact email@example.com.